Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Alaska State Fair

Yesterday we took a day trip to Palmer to The Alaska State Fair. We sure had a great time!! I was for sure we were going to get rained on, but we stayed dry all day. It was Buddy Day at the fair so it was buy one get on free on fair admission and ride tickets which was really nice.

Tyler and Levi are my ride junkies and we went on some fast crazy ones, which was fun. Caleb even went on his first ride, I took him on a little train ride. He was pretty serious the whole time. The fair food is always fantastic, and we ate a ton. My favorite was the strawberry shortcake! Caleb really enjoyed that barn animals, he watched them very carefully but wasn't interested in touching them. The older boys got a kick out of feeding the goats in the petting zoo. They also got their faces painted, and all thought they looked really cool.

Craig took the boys on some mini monster trucks and I about died laughing. Tyler wasn't paying any attention to where he was going and was crashing into everything. He got stuck on the barrier tires and was driving it places he wasn't supposed to. The guys working it were super good sports and just helped him out. I'm just glad he got through it with out any injuries.

We ended the day watching The Lumberjack Show, I used to go myself as a kid so it was fun to be able to take the boys to that. They had a good time and laughed a lot. Everyone was exhausted by the time we got home, but it was a great day and I'm so glad we went. Can't wait to go again next year!




























1 comment:

  1. Isn't the fair so much fun? I've never been to the lumber jack show, what do they do? I'll have to check that out next year. I am always looking for new things to do at the fair!

    ReplyDelete